Ayubowan means ‘may you live long’ in Sinhalese,
and is a traditional welcome in Sri Lanka, where I’m from!
Thushanthi Ponweera is a kidlit writer who also enjoys exploring other genres such as free verse and short fiction. She is a 2021 We Need Diverse Books Mentee in the picture book category, and enjoys writing poetry in her spare time. You can read more about her hopes and dreams here.
New from the blog!
- #FreeWriterResources: Mentorships- Part 2Below is a list of free mentorships specifically for writers from diverse/underrepresented backgrounds. As a recipient of one of the below mentorships, I truly appreciate the efforts made by these… Continue reading #FreeWriterResources: Mentorships- Part 2
- #FreeWriterResources: Mentorships- Part 1As a writer who lives so far away from the publishing hubs of the world (which also happens to be in a country with a very unfavourable dollar exchange rate,… Continue reading #FreeWriterResources: Mentorships- Part 1
- Resolutions: writing versionThis year I thought I’ll focus on an overall plan when it comes to my writing. So that when a low hits, it will help me stay focused on the long game. And as any writer would know, this is a loooong game.
- #MGWaves: An ocean of possibilityHi! I’m Thushanthi and I’m a writer from Sri Lanka. Thank you for visiting my blog! A bit about me I live in Colombo, where I’ve lived all my life,… Continue reading #MGWaves: An ocean of possibility
- Raya’s Really Important Role!I have been following all the seasonal writing contests in the past few months but I haven’t participated in any. I felt that I didn’t have a well of inspiration… Continue reading Raya’s Really Important Role!
- Don’t miss out on the partyOkay, now I’m off to watch ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ for the hundredth time because…Julia Roberts, that’s why!