Thushanthi Ponweera is an author and poet from Sri Lanka. Her debut middle-grade verse novel I am Kavi is forthcoming from Holiday House in Fall 2023. She is a 2021 We Need Diverse Books Mentee and blogs for SCBWI and WNDB.
You can read more about her here.
On the Blog
- Writing a verse novelisn’t as hard as you may think. As long as you know what you want to write about and why you want to write about it in verse, the former… Continue reading Writing a verse novel
- On waiting“Hurry up and wait” seems to be the publishing industry’s tagline, or so I’m told. Hurry up, wait, and disintegrate while doing both seems to be more like it.
- How I got my agent!The year was 2021 and it was a warm, sunny day just like all the other warm, sunny days before it… Just kidding. It was actually one whole year before… Continue reading How I got my agent!
- The pain of revisionGrowth is to human existence what revision is to a writer. It makes us better. But not without a whole lot of suffering first. Look at Lord Buddha’s quest for… Continue reading The pain of revision
- #FreeWriterResources: Critique GroupsIn the past, I’ve written about two wonderful critique groups I belong to. One is a picture book critique group that is smaller and operates more typically, and the other… Continue reading #FreeWriterResources: Critique Groups
- It’s always better when we’re together: An inside look at a picture book critique groupOne of the best things that happened to me as a writer was being invited to a critique group. I’m usually shy with new people (can you imagine?!) and having… Continue reading It’s always better when we’re together: An inside look at a picture book critique group